1. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so that they do not drift apart.
2. The Golden Poison Dart Frog’s skin has enough toxins to kill 100 people.
3. The male ostrich can roar just like a lion.
4. Mountain lions can whistle.
5. The giraffe’s tongue is so long that they can lick the inside of their own ear.
6. Cows kill more people than sharks do.
7. Cats have 32 muscles in each of their ears.
8. Butterflies taste their food with their feet.
9. A tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
10. The tongue of a blue whale weighs more than most elephants!
11. Ever wonder where the phrase “It’s raining cats and dogs” comes from? In the 17th century many homeless cats and dogs would drown and float down the streets of England, making it look like it literally rained cats and dogs.
12. It takes about 3,000 cows to supply enough leather for the NFL for only one year.
13. Male dogs lift their legs when they are urinating for a reason. They are trying to leave their mark higher so that it gives off the message that they are tall and intimidating.
14. A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
15. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain
16. Dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures and have demonstrated the ability to do simple mathematical calculations.
17. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
18. Birds don’t urinate.
Mind Blowing Facts
1. A flea can jump up to 200 times its own height. That is the equivalent of a human jumping the Empire State Building.
2. There are 5 temples in Kyoto, Japan that have blood stained ceilings. The ceilings are made from the floorboards of a castle where warriors killed themselves after a long hold-off against an army. To this day, you can still see the outlines and footprints.
3. There is a snake, called the boomslang, whose venom causes you to bleed out from every orifice on your body. You may even turn blue from internal bleeding, and it can take up to 5 days to die from the bleeding.
4. A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber.
5. Saturn’s density is low enough that the planet would float in water.
6. 68% of the universe is dark energy, and 27% is dark matter; both are invisible, even with our powerful telescopes. This means we have only seen 5% of the universe from earth.
7. The founders of Google were willing to sell Google for $1 million to Excite in 1999, but Excite turned them down. Google is now worth $527 Billion.
8. In the past 20 years, scientists have found over 1,000 planets outside of our solar system.
9. There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
10. If a pregnant woman has organ damage, the baby in her womb sends stem cells to help repair the organ.
11. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire.
12. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
13. A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty.
If it’s reduced by 10%, you’ll die.
14. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
15. You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
1. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
2. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
3. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
4. What is called a “French kiss” in the English-speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
5. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
6. The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
7. Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
8. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
9. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
10. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person.
11. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto.
12. There’s an opera house on the U.S.–Canada border where the stage is in one country and half the audience is in another.
13. The harder you concentrate on falling asleep, the less likely to fall asleep.
14. You can’t hum while holding your nose closed.
15. Women have twice as many pain receptors on their body than men. But a much higher pain tolerance.
16. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
17. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.
18. The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans.
19. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds.
Did You Know
1. If 33 million people held hands, they could make it all the way around the equator.
2. Earth is the only planet that is not named after a god.
3. The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in court.
4. You are born with 300 bones, but by the time you are an adult you only have 206.
5. A ten-gallon hat will only hold ¾ of a gallon.
6. Just like fingerprints, everyone has different tongue prints.
7. ATM’s were originally thought to be failures, because the only users were prostitutes and gamblers who didn’t want to deal with tellers face to face.
8. Of all the words in the English language, the word “set” has the most definitions. The word “run” comes in close second.
9. A “jiffy” is the scientific name for 1/100th of a second.
10. One fourth of the bones in your body are located in your feet
11. 111,111,111 X 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
12. Blue-eyed people tend to have the highest tolerance of alcohol.
13. A traffic jam lasted for more than 10 days, with cars only moving 0.6 miles a day.
14. The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.
15. Every year more than 2500 left-handed people are killed from using right-handed products.
16. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
17. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
there were facts in this list that made you laugh, and there were probably more than a few that you didn’t already know. The world is a weird place, after all! Do you have any weird facts you’d like to share with us – if so, please comment below. And, be sure to check out our other posts for more information to enrich your daily life, or simply for an entertaining distraction from your busy workday…..